Oftentimes, start-ups and emerging companies reach the point where they need professional financial advice, but not the full-time services of a Chief Financial Officer. Our team regularly partners with clients to bridge the gap between a company’s need for sophisticated financial reporting and guidance and the economic feasibility of having that expertise in-house.
Our CFO-in-Residence services can provide the company’s President or CEO with a better understanding of the financial side of the business while allowing more time for leadership to focus on other core business issues.
Services provided within the scope of our CFO-in-Residence engagements include:
- SEC Reporting and Compliance, Drafting of SEC Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-1, S-3 and 10
- Month-end balance sheet tie-out and profit & loss review – allowing for timely and accurate financial information.
- Mergers and Acquisitions along with the associated Due Diligence
- Bank Compliance Analysis
- Investor Relations Strategy
- Internal Control Assessment
- Tax planning (proactively looking for tax saving strategies)
- Benefits Analysis and Strategy
- Treasury and Cash Flow Analysis
- Aid in the development of the annual budget; plan for expansion/growth, resources for achieving goals, line of accountability)
- Cash management (cash shortage, reports, tool, etc.)
- Development of a custom dashboard and management reporting (key metrics of our business, vital signs)
- Documentation of transactional accounting processes (timely and accurate, documented processes for coverage, paying bills, invoicing, payroll, etc.)
- Develop and maintain good banking relationships (sufficient financing, favorable terms, reasonable costs, bank reporting)
- Foreign Exchange Hedging
Learn More About Our CFO-in-Residence Services
Butler Snow Advisory’s Scott Stone was recently quoted in an Axial Forum article on the use of the discounted cash flow (DCF) method of company valuation. The article, which highlighted the method’s down-trending favor among advisors and finance experts, can be read on the Axial website. Stone is a Principal in BSA’s Birmingham office where […]
MB Business Capital, a division of MB Financial Bank, N.A., announced it recently provided a new $15,500,000 senior credit facility to Texarkana, Arkansas based Tri-State Iron & Metal Co., Inc. (“Tri-State”), a client of Butler Snow Advisory Services, LLC (BSA). Tri-State is a third-generation, family-run business that has been in business since 1947. They are […]
When pitted against other states in the union, it’s often said that Mississippi scrapes the bottom of the barrel (or ranks at the top of a not-so-flattering list). Often overlooked, however, are conditions that can contribute overall to a favorable business climate: a strategic geographic location, tax-exempt financing programs and the nation’s lowest cost of […]
On January 1, 2011 about 8,000 Baby Boomers (people born between 1946 – 1964) turned 65 years of age. Every day for the next 18 years, others will turn 65 at the same rate. While many may know about this trend, a lesser known fact is that, according to the US Census Bureau, 70% of […]